Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quasi...



A poet adrift!
Lost without meter, form or structure,
A curse burdening his head,
A gift weighing down his heart.

Searching with intense nostalgia
His poems of yesterday,
Pictures that were at one time a mirror,
Are now but a distant memory.

A broken man,
Faking serenity, having lost touch with himself.
Intolerably, incoherently rambling,
The unintelligible scribblings of a fool.

Grasping at straws of lucidity,
Unable to stay afloat in a sea of expired ideas;
Ideas exhausted to obsolescence.
Only cryptic rhetoric crushing him on every side.

Stuck in what seems a perpetual purgatory
Not quite what he used to be
Not quite what he wants to be
Quasi-Me

---HalfCrazy

3 comments:

Dr. Patrice Smith said...

Sad.
It seems u r lost within yourself. Find you! dig deep. Find moments of silence where u can think yourself back to existence.

HalfCrazy said...

That's been my mission since the last semester ended....I think it's worked to some extent. I was finally able to write this and explore just how lost I really was. Now I'm closer to finding me. I think initially I'd just lost my voice in the clutter all around and inside my head, but the silence has provided most needed lucidity!

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by and following...following you back.

keep writing.