Monday, May 11, 2009

From Whence I Came.....Post 1

So I finally left Mandeville. I can't say it hasn't been absolutely torturous being there every single day of the two years since I've been home. So this could not have come at a better time! I am at the peak of my annoyance with everything that my life has now come to mean and represent. My days are now a series of endless ones and like a soap opera, they blend seamlessly into each other as I repeat the same activities in a sort of drone-like fashion that makes life as I used to know it seem so interesting compared to now. I feel like I have lost all that once made me who I was and I'm not sure that I'm too happy with what I have become! So what better way to refresh and refocus that to return to whence it all began, back to square one and try and retrace my steps, taking careful note of where I missed "that right turn at Albuquerque".

Tonight, I'm writing from Tortola and in these unfamiliar surroundings my heart already feels free, unleashed and ready to explore the possibilities that come with being on vacation. I don't expect much of a "vacation" though; I'll be out of here in a week and a half and then it'll be all work, till August. Much of my new material will be drawn from the thrill of a new focus, not just in my life, but a shift from the daily routine to something else....and I think I'm at the point where anything will do!!!

2 comments:

WiZ said...

questions 1 ...... where is Tortola ??

HalfCrazy said...

Tortola is in the British Virgin Islands.
link to google maps....it's a bit west of puerto rico.....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=map+of+british+virgin+islands&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=vg&ei=cM0NSpXUNoKMtgfRr7SNCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1